What we do
Flag Fund: the BDRC took on the task several years ago of helping to fund and install the American flags that decorate Market and Main Streets each year through Baltimore. The BDRC has also helped purchase new holiday lights.
The 2021 Christmas Decoration Initiative
We know Christmas 2020 was rough for many people, but better times are coming, and we are looking forward to 2021. Baltimore could truly benefit from a revitalization effort before the next holiday season and we, a group of Baltimore residents formed under the Baltimore Downtown Restoration Committee (BDRC), are seeking to research and initiate the purchase and display of new lighted Christmas and holiday decorations for the light poles within the Village of Baltimore.
We are excited about this initiative to bring Christmas and the holidays alive for the Village of Baltimore by brightening up downtown and the streets of Baltimore with new festive, lighted decorations. We are asking local businesses to join in the effort by donating to help fund the purchase of these decorations. Here are some of the details for this initiative:
- Total cost for the project will be approximately $15,000 – $20,000
- Nearly 40 poles within the village have power to accommodate a lighted decoration, while only 8 decorations from our diminishing supply remain usable
- Decorations will be LED (low energy consumption) and AEP, as in the past, will likely not charge the village for power usage
- The Village of Baltimore has agreed to put up, take down, and store the decorations each season
- Your donation will be matched
- Matching funds are available through another local fund for this project
- Your donation is tax deductible
- The BDRC is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization run by local volunteers
We are proud of our community and our heritage. Our goal is to display that pride and spirit to surrounding communities and Central Ohio – and to attract them to experience our vibrant and historic community and businesses. The BDRC does that by flying American flags on our main streets in the summer, and we want to bring more holiday spirit back to Baltimore for the winter.
Questions may be directed to:
- Ken Mauger email@example.com 740-862-6068
- Laura Burgoon firstname.lastname@example.org 740-400-4363
- Melodie Weaver Rezac email@example.com 740-503-4803
Donations can also be mailed to: BDRC, PO Box 74, Baltimore, OH, 43105.
Click a picture to find out more about these special ways to help the community.
BALTIMORE DOWNTOWN RESTORATION
The BDRC is a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization in the
Village of Baltimore, Ohio.